Friday, December 03, 2010

At last,

a decision to share rather than a dilemma!
Hubbs and I, more of necessity than out of a great creative mind warp, 
have determined what exactly will be on our Christmas tree this year. 
(Our first Christmas! We've always been on separate continents 
for the blessed season in the past.) 

It shall be:


charming little gold birds we found in six packs a Ross Dress for Less. . .


assorted very antique pink and silver Christmas balls from my Grandma's collection. . .


green and blue ribbon medallions (tutorial on Martha Stewart). . .


and home made salt dough snowflakes.
I may also try my hand at a few of these:

They're made from tissue paper, a little glue, and ribbon. 
I may get frustrated and give up, but they look so fun, 
and I can just see them in soft gold or off white
 hanging delicately from the boughs of our tree.

Oh yes, the tree! 
We are going tree hunting this weekend with some family friends. 
(You can buy a permit at the gas station! How fun!)
 Having grown up next door to a tree farm of sorts, 
and having a wonderful neighbor who always let us cut for free, 
I have never tried to find a tree in the wild. 
I imagine getting one that looks just right will be a challenge indeed. 
Can't wait!

Also, I bought a pale pink poinsettia. 
I hope my mom doesn't read this, or she may have a heart attack, 
but I just want to see if I can keep it alive, OK? 
Maybe I am a miracle worker with fussy house plants, you never know.


2 comments:

Rachel Bailey Irish said...

So glad you found some things. I had been scouting out some ornaments for you but, geeze, can they be expensive!

I did see this though and thought of you... http://heart-of-light.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-wreath-2010.html

love you, dear and can't wait to see photos of your tree!

.Kate. said...

that's adorable. It has certainly taken some time, but the house is good to go for Christmas. . .even though we'll be in Oregon. :(

I'll post some pictures after we're back in town for the WEDDING OF 2011!